Sunday, December 5, 2010

5 December 2010- A day in the sickbed

It just goes to show you that the Lord can teach you through tons of different mediums.  As all of you know, I was really sick this week.  Had an intestinal infection, and it was not so much fun.  It also took me out of school for a good week, and I'm having to fight to the finish to get everything done and in before finals week.  I'm still not feeling well, and so it's going to require a lot of help from Heavenly Father to get it all done.
However, it could be a lot worse.  I remember thinking that my appendix was bursting and that even if everything with that turned out okay, I'd have to take incompletes on everything.  During that time of panic, I remembered words from a blessing that David had given me the night before when I had a fever and a stomachache:
"You will be blessed to recover from your sickness and to return quickly to your schoolwork"
Now, I'm still not fully recovered; Kisi gave me this food today that kind of took me out- my stomach is not used to her health foods anymore, now that it has been so long since I have eaten Katie's cooking (admittedly, Katie is the superior chef, but there was nothing wrong with it besides the fact that my body wasn't used to it).  However, I have been able to begin my schoolwork anew.  I am still quite behind; it is going to require all of my efforts to catch up just in time for finals.  But I can do it, especially if the Lord is with me.  And I intend to live and do as best I can.
I have tons more to say, but one of the things I'm learning is the importance of taking care of my body when it is down.  Off to bed with me.  Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment