Sunday, December 12, 2010

Dodging a bullet

So, again I am convinced of Heavenly Father's love for me and taking care of me even when I am not doing my best.  So after trying to make up work for a week straight after being sick, which was after trying to make up work for a month straight after Katie left, I got hardcore burned out.  I didn't want to do any work.  I knew that I only had a little bit left, I knew that I needed to do it, and I knew that the Lord's blessings to me were dependent upon my working and being diligent.  It was hard for me because if I'm going into accounting, it will be easy to rationalize not caring about my math grades.  So I did very little work on Saturday, and as a result, I didn't have the blessings, and I felt pretty bad about what I was doing-- it stopped being fun for me to hang out and play video games non-stop.  
So then yesterday it all snapped back.  I held a four-and-a-half hour review session for my Math 113 kids, and I think I have done everything for them that I can.  Afterwards, I felt exhausted, and I didn't want to work anymore, but this time, I decided to act anyway.  I went to the library, where no video games or friends could distract, and I worked.  And it felt great.  So then I came home, and some amigas of mine asked me if I wanted to go to a hot spring-type thing with them.  I really wanted to go, but I had Bishopric meeting that next morning, so I had to decline.  Well, as it turns out, while they thought it was public property and so not a bad thing to jump the fences, they were mistaken.  My friends are now all facing minor charges against them, and I think I probably would have joined them in what they did had I gone with.  I am very grateful that the Lord urged me through my duties not to have to make that decision.  

Anyways, one more week, and I intend to make the Lord proud of my work.  Love you all, and see you next week!  Really!

Carson Marsh

No comments:

Post a Comment